While there is no one-mattress-fits-all for conquering back pain, finding a mattress that will provide proper alignment between your spine, neck, and head is key to alleviating back pain. The mattresses that are most well-known and tested for encouraging proper alignment fall within the hybrid or memory foam category. Also, look out for mattresses described as more plush than firm, but make sure the mattress isn’t so soft that you lose the necessary support.
Articles in this section
- What is a dual mattress?
- I'm not sure what size mattress is right for me. Exactly how big is each mattress size?
- What is CertiPUR-US® Certified?
- How much should I spend on a mattress?
- What is the best mattress?
- Are mattresses in a box the same quality as other mattresses?
- What is the difference between a Plush, Dual and Firm mattress? What does the Firmness number on Bob's mattresses mean?
- What kind of mattress is best for side/back/stomach sleepers?
- What kind of mattress is best for back pain?
- Why do I have to pay a fee when I buy a mattress or foundation in California, Connecticut or Rhode Island, and what does it pay for?