A big piece of the finding-the-right-mattress puzzle is knowing your own sleep style. The right mattress will depend on whether you’re a side, stomach, or back sleeper — or a mix of all three. For side sleepers, the best mattress will contour to your body to keep your spine aligned. Plush is a good place to start. For back sleepers, memory foam mattresses get rave reviews. Innerspring and hybrids bode well for those who prefer to sleep on their stomach. But in the end, what comfortable means is unique to you.
Articles in this section
- What is your mattress satisfaction guarantee?
- What is the best mattress?
- How much should I spend on a mattress?
- Which mattress is best for side/back/stomach sleepers?
- Which mattress is best for back pain?
- Are mattresses in a box the same quality as other mattresses?
- Will my old mattress and/or foundation be removed when my new mattress is delivered?
- Why do I have to pay a fee when I buy a mattress or foundation in California, Connecticut or Rhode Island, and what does it pay for?
- Are the materials in my new foam mattress harmful to me?
- What is CertiPUR-US® Certified?